When you are involved in a car accident, especially a rear-end one, the chances of suffering from whiplash are high. Whiplash occurs when a collision causes the head to snap back and forth, overstretching your neck’s ligaments and tendons. While whiplash isn’t life-threatening, it can diminish your quality of life. Thankfully, our team at Bear Chiropractic Center in Bear offers the testing and treatment you need for a fast and painless recovery from whiplash.
While auto accidents are the common causes of whiplash, high impact in sports, amusement parks, and even slip and falls can lead to whiplash. Although symptoms vary from patient to patient, some of the common symptoms we see at our clinic include:
- Neck pain
- Neck stiffness
- Blurry vision
- Difficulty concentrating
- Pain in the arms, shoulders, and upper back
If you suspect you have whiplash, you need to seek chiropractic care immediately. Whiplash symptoms take time to manifest. However, our chiropractor can diagnose your condition early on, even before symptoms set in.
If you have whiplash, don’t rely on painkillers. These will only mask the symptoms without dealing with the root cause of the problem. However, if you want to deal with your whiplash completely, chiropractic care can help. Our chiropractor uses multiple remedies to treat whiplash, including:
- Spinal manipulation: If you have an auto accident injury, your spine may shift out of place, causing pain and limiting mobility. Spinal manipulation aligns your spine, opening up your nervous system, which helps you manage symptoms, including whiplash.
- Chiropractic adjustments: These adjustments relieve tension in stiff muscles, reducing pain and improving mobility.
- Stretching exercises: We can recommend simple exercises to do in the comfort of your home. Exercises relax strained muscles and improve resilience to prevent future injuries.
- Trigger point therapy: Our chiropractor can identify specific trigger points in your body to release muscle tension and promote blood flow.
Visit Us for Auto Accident Treatment from Our Bear Chiropractor
Are you suffering from whiplash in Bear, DE? Contact our team at Bear Chiropractic Center for natural pain relief. Our chiropractor will work with you every step of the way throughout your recovery. Once you’ve recovered, we offer exercises, lifestyle advice, and other helpful services to prevent your pain or discomfort from returning. Call our office to schedule your first consultation or to learn more about how we can help.