Lower back pain should never be taken likely. Lower back pain can occur as an acute condition, meaning it can happen suddenly. Alternatively, lower back pain can turn into a chronic condition when you suffer from it for three months or longer. Both acute and chronic back pain can be debilitating, so it's important to get help from a chiropractor when it occurs.
At Bear Chiropractic Center in Bear, DE, our chiropractor is trained in providing treatment for lower back pain. Dr. Alexander Bohatiuk and the rest of his staff are here to help people suffering from lower back pain find relief and prevent their symptoms from returning. We can do so by assessing your musculoskeletal system to determine the root cause of your pain before creating a chiropractic care plan to treat it.
What Causes Lower Back Pain?
There are many potential causes of lower back pain, including:
- Pulled back muscles, which are common in people who work physical or labor-intensive jobs
- Sciatica, a condition that occurs when the sciatic nerve is compressed
- Herniated lumbar discs, where discs protrude from between the vertebrae and irritate surrounding nerves
- Spinal stenosis, a condition where the spine narrows
- Osteoarthritis, where older age and wear and tear erode spinal joints
- Joint dysfunction, which causes pain in the pelvic and sacral region
How a Chiropractor Can Help
Our chiropractor will determine the best treatment based on the root cause of your lower back pain. Potential treatment options include:
- Spinal decompression for herniated discs
- Massage therapy for sore and pulled muscles
- Muscle stretches to reduce inflammation and muscle spasms
- Manual adjustments to re-align the spine and improve posture
- Unique treatments such as trigger point therapy, electrical stimulation, and soundwave therapy to soothe injured muscles
Your chiropractor can use these treatments after they conduct a physical exam and imaging tests. They will also conduct follow-up care to ensure your lower back pain remains at bay.
Lower Back Pain Treatment in Bear, DE
Call Bear Chiropractic today at (302) 836-8361 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.